– 13 of My Favorite Fictional Characters –
1. Mr. Darcy in Pride & Prejudice. And yes, he was one of my favorites even before Matthew MacFadyen played him
2. Lizzie Bennet from Pride & Prejudice. She’s such a great strong character during a time period where women were expected to be not much more than window dressing and baby ovens.
3. Acheron from Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Dark Hunter series. Talk about a yummy alpha male!
4. Maggie Concannon from Nora Robert’s Born In Fire. I love the Born In series, in fact that book made me realize that the romance genre had changed since the books my mom used to read. And that’s why I’m writing romance today instead of sci-fi/fantasy.
5. Harry Dresden from the Dresden Files. What a great idea to take the tried and true down on his luck PI and combine that character with a wizard who has one foot in the world of magic. I must admit I was really upset when they canceled the TV show. Thankfully, the books are still available!
6. Harry Potter. I like the younger Harry Potter better than the older version, but JK Rowling created such a terrific and memorable character!
7. Darth Vader. Yeah, I know he is technically a bad guy, but I grew up waiting for the next Star Wars movie to come out so I could be scared again by Darth Vader.
8. Mr. Waldorf & Statler. If you don’t recognize them by those names – you’re probably not alone. They are the two crotchety old men in the balcony from the Muppet Show. I love those guys!!
9. Aloysius Snuffleupagus – Snuffy from Sesame Street! When I was little I used to be really ticked at episodes that didn’t have Snuffy in them
10. Deanna Troi from Star Trek the Next Generation. I loved the Betazoid powers and I could totally go for dating Will Riker. Woo Hoo!
11. Jean Luc Picard from Star Trek Next Generation. He proves that bald can be sexy!
12. Sherlock Homes. Can’t beat the original detective who uses brains instead of brawn. He was the grandfather for all the others.
13. Alonna, the fairy from my Maiden Series. Yeah, it’s probably cheating to pick one of my own characters but she’s my favorite.